1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best children's shows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Randy Rosetta

Randy Rosetta New Member

Mickey Mouce Clubhouse, Dora and Olivia dominate our toddler's TV time.

MMC and Dora both incorporate a lot of teaching tools with the entertainment.

Olivia drives me a little batty.

One she hasn't gotten into that our older daughter loved was Veggie Tales. Has some religious undertones but it doesn't smack in the face with it and the humor is actually pretty good.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I hate Wonder Pets, mainly because I think Ming Ming the Duckling's speech impediment is bad for kids.

My little cousins love Dora.

3. EStoess

EStoess Member

No love for Handy Manny? Our two-year-old likes that, Mickey and Dora, Diego and the Wonder Pets on Nick Jr. Probably loves Moose A. and the in-between stuff the most, though.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What about Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood?
    Handyman Negri is a cool guitar player.

http://www.joenegri.com/audio/Caravan.mp3

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This appeared on Yo Gabba Gabba, and I swear it's the greatest thing ever to appear on a children's program. Classic 2-tone ska style:

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I be skankin' to that. Love the hat and the suit the guy is rockin'.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The Wonder Pets are good.
    My wife hates how I change their song from "We're not too big, and we're not too tough," to "We're not too big and we're not too bright"

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Every time that episode is on I have that song in my head for days.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The "Little Airplanes" studios is near my office in NYC and I spoke with some of the creators of the Wonder Pets when I checked out their gift shop. They do put a decent amount of thought into the show -- the episode in Venice had a lot of great little details. Plus the episode with the baby chimp was hilarious. On the downside, the same people created Oobi.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Probably typical reactionary me, but I quit letting my daughter watch when I read some study that kids TV programs hamper language development. One theory being that the puppets' and cartoons' mouths don't form words... and a human can only learn words by watching a human speak them.

I will say that my daughter loves books and pretend playing by herself (she's 3). After the initial protest from her, I figured out boredom can really be your friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted