1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best chain restaurant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Apr 4, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Recoiling in horror; she won't eat lamb on priniciple...

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

May fave chains up here are East Side Mario's (way better Italian than Olive Garden) and Swiss Chalet (try finding a Canuck who doesn't love that).

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

There's a difference?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gawd... am I engaged to you and don't know it?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's a new one. What's the principle?

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Swiss Chalet home delivery rocks.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

East Side Mario's rules (there are some in the states) -- but did not know Swiss Chalet delivers...

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Lambs are cute (from a distance), unlike those ugly cows that deserve to be hacked to pieces and eaten. Some animals are more equal than other animals.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I had read East Side's was looking at making inroads in the US but didn't know they had started. The Hell's Kitchen Chicken is amazing. It's the only thing I order there.

Swiss Chalet has delivered for the past several years. (I have even seen a couple of drive-thru ones.) Way more convenient than their take out which could be really busy.

10. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Second on Fox and Hound. There was one at a previous career stop that would keep the kitchen open for us if we called by 12:30 a.m. Along these same lines, Old Chicago.

If you like Carraba's, you should like Johnny Carino's, too.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's a toss-up between which animal's dumber: cows or sheep.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

One of my favorite Denis Leary routines:

"...and there's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually. 'What are you?' 'I'm an otter.' 'And what do you do?' 'I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands.' 'You're free to go.' 'And what are you?' 'I'm a cow.' 'Get in the fucking truck, ok pal!' 'But I'm an animal.' 'You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!' 'I'm an animal, I have rights!' 'Yeah, here's yer fucking cousin, get on the fucking truck, pal!"

Draft saved Draft deleted