1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best candy ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RossLT, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Lemonheads.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Didn't you like Dots, Mizzou?

Get it? Dots . . .

I'm so funny :D

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

As a kid I loved Nerds.

Now.... Not a big candy guy. I usually just have some regular M&Ms with me sometimes if I'm up in a pressbox for a while. I know, boring.

4. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

1. Twix bars - frozen.
    2. Blow pops. Used to buy them by the box at Costco.
    3. Reese's PB cup.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, I don't know if it counts. But the Harry and David chocolate bing cherries are to die for.

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Those commercials with Tab Ramos, a US soccer player, were hilarious.

Best snack for athletes or for dinner replacement? A big brown log of chocolate and peanuts at 400 calories and 75% of the saturated fat you need in a day.

Anyway, I'm with Igor, TWIX! Hands down. After that, a plain Hershey's chocolate bar is perfection.

7. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Love me some SweetTarts. I used to love Bonkers, but they went away about 20 years ago, and the closest substitute I've been able to find is Starburst, which are also very good. I like the Skittles, too, but usually can't make it through an entire bag w/out getting a bit queasy.

8. zoucrew

zoucrew Member

Jelly Belly. i'll take pretty much any flavor, but peach is best.

Otherwise, it's Peanut M&Ms or anything Reese's.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Sort of like Dots and Jujyfruits but much, much better. Best ones are the black ones. Blackcurrant flavored. Mmmmm. Also, the Pastilles you get in Canada or Europe are really good. I'm sure some of the Canucks on here must have had both, no? You can find them in some specialty shops in the U.S. but they're rare. When I was in Ireland last year I had to resist buying them every day.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Let's see, excellent call on the Rolo's. Others I would nominate include Crunchie bars, Wine Gums, Fruit Pastilles, Jelly Babies and Yorkie bars.

11. jps

jps Active Member

So no more love for the Twin BingI mean, I know it's not widely available, but still ...

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted