1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Caller ID ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Jul 27, 2007.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Just answered the phone in the newsroom.

Caller ID said “It is the Lord.”

For the record, it wasn't. An older lady promoting the opening of a new women's shelter.

But boy, I admit I did a double take.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Did you think the Rapture was coming and you were just getting advance notice?

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Hope you didn't answer it. Maybe it was a landshark instead.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Before the days of caller ID, my dad would answer the phone, saying 'House of the Lord, Jesus speaking.'

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

That's one phone call you want to be sure to answer and not let roll to voice mail.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

We used to pick up the phone and say "Peter's Pizza" or even better, "if you give me an hour to promote my religion then you can have an hour." Charities always hung up after that one.

This is why my number is unlisted and I screen calls. Even people close to me don't have me number. I can't stand kooks, especially on the phone.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

When I call people, it shows up as Nielsen Ratings. I get virtually no solicitation calls as a result.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Put God on hold. I dare you.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Halifax ain't that state of the art....

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

A buddy of mine got a new phone a few years back and when he called, the name showed up on the Caller ID as Ortego Zorillo. We tried to imagine what that person really looked like and why they no longer had the phone.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For the first few days, or week, after I moved, different phone companies would have different IDs for my phone number. For my mother-in-law, who has the same phone company as my wife & I, our number would come up as our names on the caller ID. For my mom, who has phone service through her cable company, my number would come up as a law firm on the caller ID.

12. I had a buddy who went to the local Mormon church (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) and used to call me to come play basketball up there on certain nights.
    The ID would say "Jesus Christ" whenever he called, so I always made sure to answer, just in case.

Draft saved Draft deleted