1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Buy Black Friday Advertisement leaked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Nov 13, 2008.

1. I've never been anywhere where that "behavior" has been exemplified. It's a blast.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Sounds like I'm in your world. I don't even like going to the mall on weekends, much less Black Friday.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I always used Black Friday to get 95% of all my Christmas shopping done. The sales and bargains make it worth the hassle and trouble, especially for anyone on a budget. Yeah it's a pain, but I always manage to save a ton of money.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ton more just came in like Costco, circuit city, lowes...

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Liesl just said it much more cleanly than I will, but that's never stopped me from rambling.

I can't think of a single Black Friday on which I've bought something for myself. I have gotten my mother a digital camera for about 60 percent off. I have gotten a computer for someone else super-cheap. I have gotten all kinds of goodies for my friends, my father, my brother, my brother's girlfriend.

My goal each year is to have all the stuff I won't get online bought on Black Friday. I cut up the ads on Thanksgiving, tape what I want to paper (one piece per store) along with the store banner and hours for the sale. I plan out in what order I will go to the stores. I mapquest the whole thing and print THAT out for ease. This is military precision for me. Generally it takes me less than three hours. And I'm done with most of my Christmas shopping.

So....no, I don't buy anything for myself. Yes, I do get great gifts for people I care about for much less money than those of you looking down your nose at me (not you, DD, just all the 'different world' people). So...to each his/her own.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

OMG! I do this too. I just didn't want to admit it. (But not this year. Do you have my back IJAG??)

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

FWIW, last year I waited 15 hours at a Best Buy location and saved roughly $600 total dollars. That equates to nearly $40 savings every hour.

But because I planned it so well, I ended up 18th in line and got everything I wanted. I also did not mess around and was in and out of the store (no exaggeration) in less than four minutes. I loaded up and was the first person to check out. By the time I went to my car, only half the line had gotten inside.

I then drove to Circuit City and got a decent spot in that line also.

It was freaking sweet. :)

8. imjustagirl

Oh yeah, I would never wait 15 hours. I've waited three hours and that was the longest I would do.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

What if you had cotton candy and broadband internet access?

10. imjustagirl

Wouldn't matter. I don't have a laptop.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh, I have and am proud of it.
    Usually it's something from Lowe's like a ladder or shop-vac.
    Five years ago, I bought a 19" LCD monitor from Best Buy for a then remarkable price of 199 instead of 319. Sold it a year ago to our neighbors for 50 bucks and it still looks great.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

$129 for a PS2? What is this 2006?

No wonder Circuit City is going out of business.

Draft saved Draft deleted