1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Buy Black Friday Advertisement leaked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Nov 13, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, I'm going. I have to. At this point, it's like a lapsed Catholic going to Christmas Mass. You have to go.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Funny thing is most people on the internets think the ads a fake because it's so bad.

Personally, because I need to pick up Seinfeld Season 9, Prison Break Season 2, Family Guy Seasons 5 & 6, the Office Season 3 and House Season 3 (and they're all $14.99), I'm pleased.

Oh, and $10 for Transformers on Blu Ray is amazing. Amazing.

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Prices look very similar to the ones from Sunday's insert. If this is Best Buy's "Black Friday" sale, I'm going to be in trouble this Christmas. I was hoping to replace my newly FUBAR'd TV with an HD one for fairly cheaper than usual.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

www.blackfriday.info is also a good site for Black Friday ads.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Struck me as that too... this might be a year when I look online for a lot of the things I'd get in the store

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Most of the stuff in the ad you can get cheaper on various Internet retailers.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I go to Best Buy on Xmas Eve. It's not busy and they have a ton more deals.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

There is nothing--nothing--better than rushing into Best Buy in the first minutes of Black Friday. Nothing.

This year marks No. 12 that I'll be doing Black Friday. It's what shopping should be. :)

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

On that, schieza, we agree.

I have anger issues. Violence issues. And that day, with teh pushing, the shoving, the crying, the planning, the bloodthirst? It's the best four hours of my year.

Except when my ex visits. :D

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not fuck Black Friday. It may be the only reason a lot of newspapers don't shut down on Dec. 26.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

sad, but true....

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the year where I watched two soccer moms get into a fistfight over the last $3.99 copy of Titanic.

Draft saved Draft deleted