1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

For someone who complains so much about the prices at Five Guys, you sure do eat there a lot.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Finally tried one over the weekend. I didn't think it was horrible, but I think the cheese sauce is the unnecessary part that brings it down a notch and makes it a gloopy slopfest. Loved the bun, loved the sweet-tangy nature of the honey mustard sauce.

I like making homemade burgers and putting them on the pretzel bagels they sell at Einstein Bros. Bagels. Or pretty much any sandwich on those pretzel bagels.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Five Guys is a step up, or three steps up, from McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's.

That's pretty good for a chain operation.

4. SURFCAV

SURFCAV Member

Yeah. Only ate at the Five Guys in Harker Heights and Temple, Texas. Going back there in two weeks for a doctor's appt. so I hate to hear their quality is going down. Just glad we have a Whataburger and three Sonics in my town, although the Whataburger is the only one open 24 hours after deadline. Agree on the new pretzel dogs at Sonic, something different when you live and eat out of your car that's quick to put down is always nice. ;D

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

McDonald's should not even be in this conversation. Burgers there are almost inedible at this point. The fries are still top-notch, but not much else going for it. If it wasn't for kids 10 and under, McD's would have long gone bust. Burger King is passable for a quick snack, and Wendy's is a notch above that. At least BK and Wendy's TASTE like burgers. Five Guys is somewhere between those and an above-average local joint.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

There's a Five Guys I've been to in suburban Milwaukee a couple times and though I liked it and would definitely go again, the thing I'll remember is the computerized Coke fountain with hundreds of possible combinations.

I looked at it and realized how proud I was to be an American.

Also, second for the Culver's. Big fan.

7. F8vortex

F8vortex Member

Double chili cheese a-plenty with a sweet tea from The Beacon in Spartanburg, SC

http://www.beacondrivein.com/

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What's the Pig's Dinner from the Dairy Bar?

Draft saved Draft deleted