1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Meh. Again, I wasn't impressed with Ray's. That said, I've only been once, and it was a couple years ago. If I go again, I could have a completely different experience. And I may do that. But only after I try the one at Bourbon Steak.

When I'm paying $19 for a burger, I want to taste the burger. Not toppings. Simple.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just ran to BevMo during my lunch break and stopped at the local diner that is close.
    Good burger.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't thin you grasp what I am saying. My feeling isn't one of taste as much as cost justification. Clearly that $19 tag stems from more than the quality of the ingredients in this case. I'm not one for the haute couture cuisine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'll take a small-town dairy-bar double cheeseburger any day over any chain burger. Not many of those places left, unfortunately. Fuck you very much, Sonic.

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I have had the Bearden's burger. . . pretty good.

There is another place in New Mexico, a little bit outside of Albuquerque in a small city (more like the crossing of two roads with a couple of buildings) called San Antonio, NM. The Owl Bar & Cafe. Awesome green chili cheeseburger.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think you mean haute cuisine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

New burger from Steak & Shake:

[​IMG]

http://www.burgerbusiness.com/?p=13359&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+burgerbusiness+%28%CE%B2urger%CE%B2usiness%29

1,330 calories, 98 grams of fat, 290 mg of cholesterol, 34 grams of carbohydrates and 4,490 mg of sodium.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I would.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Not enough fries.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm in it for the shake.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Steak 'N' Shake is fucking awful. I'd rather eat at McDonald's.

Draft saved Draft deleted