1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well, we'll always have Kuma's.

2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Wow! Charlie's was there when I was in college - early 60s. Had no idea it was still in business. They have to be doing something right and what they are doing is serving really good burgers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I've been to four - Charlotte, Durham, Mooresville and Burlington. All were outstanding.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Very good.

As an aside that scene is one of the best in the last 25 years. Would be great to start a thread for greatest movie scenes. ...

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"You, Flock of Seagulls, you know why we're here?" :D

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm simply trying to differentiate this from, say, Ray's Hellburger's Fat Joe:

[​IMG]

That's got foie gras, fried shallots and white truffle oil on it. That is why it makes sense that it costs so much. And it's delicious, though I don't plan on ordering it again. And even that I think only rings up for $18. This is a burger with highfalutin Big Mac toppings. I'm sure the meat is incredible, but I would expect something a little more decadent at $19.

Again, I would eat the hell out of that burger. And I would enjoy the hell out of that burger. But the cost seems excessive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Riptide

Screw the foie gras. The Fat Joe looks a hell of a lot better.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The Fat Joe (pictured) has foie gras on it.

11. Riptide

Oh. Well, I'll have two Fat Joes with bacon, hold the foie gras ...

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yeah, that's the Fat Joe with bacon and cheese added. The duck livers are the lumps of fatty deliciousness on top of the cheese, with shallots on top of those and the truffle oil drizzled over it all.

It's really fucking good.

Draft saved Draft deleted