1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Their site is down, but other sites point to other offerings, including these two:

The Club - A half pound of ground sirloin stuffed with roast beef, ham, turkey, bacon and cheese. This is then battered and deep-fried. To top it off, it was then dredged in ranch dressing.

The Cajun - A half pound of ground sirloin stuffed with bacon, spicy cajun sausage and cheese. Once again, battered and deep-fried. It was dredged in hot sauce.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

They do one without the chicken. They do damn near everything:

http://www.carytownburgersandfries.com/mainmenu-new/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

My heart is seizing up at the thought of eating any of those, although they do sound good in theory aside from the deep-frying part.

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I've heard good things about Braum's from a friend who's from Oklahoma. I always saw signs for it when driving through the state but never stopped.

I'm surprised with as many Mizzou people on this board as there are that Booches hasn't been mentioned yet. I'll say it's one of the best burgers I've had and USA Today and some other publications have named it one of the best burgers in America.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Best part of Port of Call? They serve a baked potato with your burger instead of fries. And you can wash it down with an ice-cold Monsoon, their specialty drink. I'd drive the six hours just for another meal from that place.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I love the concept of the Club -- Hmmm, we have this burger with five meats, cheese and a soak in the deep-fryer ... seems to be a little light, though ... A-HA! We can pour ranch dressing on top!

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

my buddy and i got stoned one day and drove four hours one way for a dusty's burger.

how does that rank?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think it's cute that you and friendofafriend are hanging out outside the board.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not too shabby. Beats the shit outta my longest drive for a burger, which would probably be 30 minutes. Maybe. Then again, I was probably sober for that one, so you got me again. I suck.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow. wasn't going for the whole you suck angle. just was trying to have a little fun and share a true story from many moons ago.

and byh: blow it out your ass.

11. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

Booches is overrated. I know it's a bar, but a bag of chips with the burgers? C'mon.

That's not even the best place in Columbia. Gimme Flat Branch or even Boone Tavern.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Was this before or after Harold and Kumar came out?

Draft saved Draft deleted