1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Burger - Fanduel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, May 29, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

From a purely sporting perspective, don’t sleep on Whataburger; it has an army of fans in Texas who vote in dumb polls like this one, as opposed to In-n-Out fans in California.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Upstate South Carolina has a couple of Freddy's locations, and they're very good. Like Steak 'N' Shake to me, only better. (And with way better fries.)

I remember Braum's from living in the Ozarks. Also underrated.

I love a Five Guys burger while I'm eating it, hate it an hour later when I feel like I've eaten my quota of food for the next two weeks.

daytonadan1983 likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Culver's is in a building boom in my area, three are about to open within a 15-mile radius. I'm a fan. Steak-n-Shake burgers are good, but as previously said going there is a completely lousy experience now -- and that's assuming they're open at all.

White Castle is a guilty pleasure about once every 90 days. My innards can't take it any more than that.

I think Five Guys burgers are overrated and too pricey to compete here. Milkshakes are very underrated though.

SFIND likes this.
  4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

It's not the best burger by any means, but sometimes nothing beats a Big Mac. To me, it's held up very well through the years.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Checking in from Katy, TX - We have a Freddy's less than a mile from our current place, ha. Burger was tasty, but it's overshadowed by the dessert options. I like the burger and fries combo better from Five Guys, and some of the burger options from Whataburger, like that patty melt. If I had the time though, it definitely wins out over the BK, McDonald's, Wendy's tier for me.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Double Quarter-Pounder with Cheese. More burger, less bun.

Freddy's, Five Guys, Shake Shack top my list.
    I tried Culver's once, and it was a mouthful of Meh.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

How In N Out was a 4 seed defies all reason. Behind Wendy's? Fucking Wendy's?

I've never had a Whataburger, so for me the list goes: In N Out, Shake Shack (the mothership), Freddy's.

Five Guys is WAY too pricey for what you get. And their fries suck.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I think I'm still picking at the small cajun fries I ordered last month at Five Guys. And in this non-cajun's mind, Five Guys' cajun fries are the way to go. YMMV.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Because the chain is supposed to be liquidated in the next few months, I tried out Fuddrucker's today. Burger wasn't bad, and I liked the fries, but I can see why the chain is going out of business - The inside smelled funny, and it was dark and reminded me of the interior of a 1980s Pizza Hut.

Octave likes this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Whataburger and it isn't close.

[​IMG]

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I've said before, give me an In-N-Out double with a side of McD's fries; perfection.

BrownScribe likes this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'd go for that, with the McD's fries animal style.

I'll defend In-N-Out fries in that they are real honest-to-God potatoes cut on site and without all that beef tallow that other chains soak their fries in before they freeze the bag. It's not everybody's cup of tea, but it is what it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted