1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Burger - Fanduel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, May 29, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

304564CE-FAE7-40A1-B728-59CD23D11091.jpeg

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Olympic Club burger; other; end of discussion.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I had an Ultimate Cheeseburger at Jack in the Box for the first time in 30 years last week.

Back then it was juicy meat, a few slabs of cheese, lots of ketchup ... perfection.

Now it comes standard with meat, cheese, ketchup ... AND mustard and mayo. JFC.

Told them to nix the mustard and mayo. Even with the core 3 ingredients it wasn't all that hot.

Jack in the Box loses the opener by 47, and I've never even eaten a Sonic burger.

4. Songbird

My inclination is that the title game is the In-N-Out/Whataburger winner vs. 5 Guys.

daytonadan1983 and SFIND like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FIve Guys is Duke in the '90s.

SFIND likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So, I'd wager every single one of us meat-eaters who frequent these here parts has had a Marriott burger at some point in their careers; I used to find them to be excellent, day or night.

Alas, they were pretty crappy the last few times I had them so I asked and I guess a couple of years back they stopped cooking them fresh on site, and instead get them pre-cooked and then steam them when you order them.

Just one of the many parts of Marriott that's gone to hell.

7. Songbird

I ate a truffle burger -- medium -- with caramelized onions and aioli sauce the other day that was out of this world.

Went back 2 days later to eat another. The fries were pretty outstanding too.

[​IMG]

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No Krystal’s!?!

garrow, Driftwood and TigerVols like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

How similar/dissimilar is Krystal to White Castle? I can't recall a difference since it's been years since I had either one.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fuddruckers doesn't belong here. It's a sit-down joint and the others aren't.

11. TigerVols

X1,ooo!

12. TigerVols

White Castle has holes. And the buns are not nearly as tasty.

Draft saved Draft deleted