1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best beers you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Not my favorite, but a great beer I've been drinking a lot lately is the Sierra Nevada wheat beer. I like wheat beer, and it's a good one.

When the microbrew store down the street started a "build your own six pack," I was a happy, happy man.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm a huge fan of what I think is a relativley new Leiny's brew: Sunset Wheat. And even though I can't get it very often, a strong vote for Boulevard Wheat.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Anything by Henry Weinhards. I am going home to the Northwest for vacation this year and I am driving, so I think I am going to buy a couple of cases of Henry's to bring back to Texas with me.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

90 Shilling. So smooth, almost like wine. It hasn't started to go mainstream like Fat Tire, so one of the bridesmaids is smuggling some to the wedding.
    Allagash White.
    Hazed and Infused. A nice, hoppy beer out of Boulder.

5. Carlton Crown Lager is one of the best I've ever had. Toohey's New is another exquisite Aussie beer.

Oh, and nobody in Australia admits to drinking Foster's. Seems like it's their version of PBR.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Had plenty of Sierra Nevada when I was in Cali as my uncle has a keg of it on his deck. Really like that, wish you could get it up here.

Have a buddy who loves Stella but I can't get into it.

7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I toured the New Belgium brewery in December. I was told that Minnesota is next up on their distribution list, starting sometime in 2007. I did a dance in the street when I was told the news.

I tried a few samples there and enjoyed 1554 and 2-Below. I wanted to bring a six pack back to Minny but the liquid ban on plans prevented me from doing so. I bought a hat instead.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The best beer in the world is the one in your hand. :p

Seriously, here are my top 3:

3. Paulaner Hefe-Weizen

2. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

1. Leinie's Sunset Wheat ... the crack of beers.

9. tommyp

tommyp Member

Newcastle tops the list, followed closely by Yuengling, Smithwick's (pronounced Smiddick's), Beck's Dark, Tsingtao and Dixie Blackened Voodoo.

10. zufer

zufer Active Member

Tiger (from Singapore)

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'll be returning to this thread as I continue to enjoy new, solid finds.

Add Kilkenny to the list and I recently had the 2-Below stuff too. Damn fine.

12. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Kilkenny's excellent. So's Caffrey's. Hard to find this side of the Atlantic, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted