1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best beers you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Feb 3, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is excellent stuff.

And I have to agree with Shotty:

Back in the 1970s, if you could get Coors back when it was only brewed in Golden, it was the smoothest American beer made. I loved the stuff, and still do drink it some, as I prefer a light beer to the heavy stuff. Even Genesee Cream Ale or my college favorite, National Bo, which was good beer when brewed in Bal'omer.

In the summer, any beer in a long-neck bottle hits the spot. I know it's only marketing, but still ...

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Cherrington Toby on draft, long gone from these parts, remains my all-time fave beer. I can die in peace when I find a pub in Britain (gotta get there first, obviously) that serves Toby.

I'm a big fan of dark beers, particularly Sleeman's, Waterloo, Wellington County and Michelob. (Do they even still make that?)

While on vacation in California last summer I had several Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat and can vouch for how awesome it is. Loved the Summer Ale too. Perfect for those hot days.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Hadn't been mentioned because I just clicked on the thread.
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale.
    Many, many small brew houses in the Pacific Northwest, including Bridgeport in Portland's Pearl District.
    Anchor Steam.

4. Not the best but a very good beer that hasn't been mentioned yet is Grolsch. Used to drink 'em whenever I could find them seven or eight years ago ... saw my first commercial for them a few weeks ago. Good stuff. Neat bottle.

5. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment.

6. n8wilk

n8wilk Guest

I've always been a big fan of Hoegaarden. It's actually classified as a white beer. If you like Blue Moon, you'll probably like it.

And I got hooked on Stella Artois when I was in London and still enjoy it. It's both Belgian and yummy.

7. T-2nd -- Yuengling and Blue Moon
    1st -- A Budweiser, on the brewery tour in St. Louis, which was less than 10 minutes old.

8. frozen tundra

frozen tundra Member

Alaska Winter Ale. It's made with spruce tips. But there are a ton of really good beers made in the Northwest that make me thirsty just thinking about them.

9. Most of them tasted better when I was underaged and thought I was getting away with something.
    Harp, Yuengling and a free sample on the Miller Brewery tour that never went into widespread production. It might have been the best beer I ever tasted. But what do I know. I used to think the only thing that wasn't funny on the old Tracey Ullman Show was the short animated cartoon that seems to have done all right for itself on its own.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I know what you mean. Best Guinness I've ever had came at a London airport bar. Smoothest beer I've ever had.

11. Erdinger - Bavarian Hefeweizen

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Newcastle is one of my absolute favs.
    Need to get ahold of a Yuengling since Flat Tire isn't available in this area.

Draft saved Draft deleted