1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best beers you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat.

Like Kool-Aid mixed with Sam Adams. An absolute Nectar of the Gods.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Purple Haze. Made right outside New Orleans. Costs almost as much for a 6 pack as budlight does for 12, but damn good and worth it. It's a Rasberry Wheat. Almost tastes like grape soda. I have one left in the fridge. I think I might have to drink that this afternoon.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll bite (seeing as how my favorite is just Budweiser anyway). The beer always tasted best to me in my first college apartment. I went to school in a cold-weather climate so during the winter we would just leave our beer outside on the balcony butted up next to the building. They were colder than any refrigerator could get them, but being up next to the building they wouldn't freeze. I remember sitting out on the balcony on snowy nights (which in context to the winter, were warm nights usually) and downing a beer or twelve.

Other than that, I'll go for the free Budweiser longneck.

4. boots

boots New Member

THE ULTIMATE BEER FOR THE ULTIMATE ASS - pabst blue ribbon followed closely by Old Milwaukee.

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Best ever, for a mix of quality and atmosphere, might have been the nitro stout at this brew pub called Thompson's in Salem, Oregon, about six years ago.
    If you're at the beer store and looking for something to take home, it really depends on your tastes. But for my money, no one will go wrong with Newcastle.
    Abita Turbodog is pretty good, too, if you can get it. And if you're near Chicagoland, Goose Island Nut Brown.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Because it hasn't been mentioned yet:

Rogue Dead Guy Ale.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Two Below -- New Belgium's seasonal ale, esp. enjoyable when shared with a boy toy.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Got spoiled by three weeks in Australia (Victoria Bitter, Carlton Draught, Cooper's), all good stuff. Slight nod to the Carlton.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Everything New Belgium makes is primo. The 1554 is my favorite.

Guinness is my standard order. It's the nectar of the gods.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Again, I've been told ad nauseum that my beer tastes are for shit. But anyway ...

Coors: But not what passes for Coors today. I'm talking about back when they used to ship the beer in from Colorado with the pop-top cans. That was the smoothest beer I ever had. Still.

Olympia: A very under-rated beer, to me.

Today, Blue Moon is right up there. Really like the taste. I don't like strong beers. At all.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Have you not any pride? ;)

[​IMG]

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Obviously, none.

Now, pass me a damn Diet Coke.

(P.S. wicked's goin' down for that sig line of yours. ;))

Draft saved Draft deleted