1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Autographs You Ever Got

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Ark. Governor Clinton, Tenn. Senator Gore. Same day, but, alas, on different items.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Stan Musial

3. How'd you get it?

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Well I was covering a Yankees game last year, and Derek Jeter is my favorite player...

5. Mike Smith and Chris McCarron at the Breeder's Cup in Louisville ... maybe 1995?

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Barry Sanders.

Was at a restaurant/bar were he was scheduled to make an appearence. I think I was a 3rd grader at the time so it was probably around '98 or '99. It was pretty cool, but he kind of freaked me out a bit because he didn't smile the whole night.

That's what happens to guys who play for the Lions and have crazy dads. :D

7. Can you tell us how you got it or is that story more suitable for the stalking thread? :)

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I have Dale Earnhardt's (no I didn't get it as a sports writer, though it was through one of my former occupations). I got to talk to him for a few minutes as well. I felt like a kid again. It's something I'll never forget.

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

The year...1987.

Section 1, Fenway Park. Over ambles Tom Bolton, who I got to sign my program. for my very first autograph. Still have that program.

During high school, I was all about placekickers, being one myself. So I sent out a huge amount of self-addressed stamped envelopes to these guy's last known teams.

got back George Blanda, Pete Gogolak, Gino Cappelleti, Bobby Walden, Don Chandler and Lou Groza, among others. Also got Sonny Jurgenson, Sam Huff andMick Tingelhoff, who sent back a real nice letter.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It was a sheet of my mother's. I can promise she wasn't wealthy enough to bankroll anything at Duke. She probably gave enough to keep one of the brass rails at Cameron polished for a couple of days.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Keith Richards on Hot Rocks CD.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I have his graph too, and I also had my picture taken with him when he was playing AAA ball with the Richmond Braves. That's almost 25 years ago, I guess. I wasn't happy when he got traded to the Cleveland Indians for Len Barker.

Draft saved Draft deleted