1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best athlete you ever played against?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Mar 14, 2010.

1. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

I played floor hockey in HS with NHLer Marty Reasoner. I was the goalie and I still have welts from 15 years ago. That dude could shoot.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

the rubber is moving back three feet this year, per NHSA (or national, whatever) rules.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I played road hockey a couple of times with Mike Palmateer when he was the Leafs' goalie in the mid-70s. He lived in the same neighbourhood and would come out and goof around with us once in a while. Incredible reflexes.

Huggy Jr. has been on the ice recently with Matt Duchene, ripping it up as a rookie with the Avalanche, and Cody Hodgson, first rounder for the Canucks. He might be the worst winger either of those guys has ever had but he can say he's scored goals off feeds from both of them.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The best football players I played against in high school were Napoleon Kaufman, who I never faced in a game, but played against at a football camp and Amani Toomer, who lit my team up more than once.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Your Napolean Kaufman connection made me think of the time I coached against Tyrone Wheatly. Our track team won, of course in both the dual meet and the league meet, although he was a solid coach.

My track team also hosted a big invitational each year. My senior year Cincinatti Bengals cornerback Morgan Trent won the 100 meter dash. He went on to take the state title that year.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kaufman was a beast in high school. I think he was a year ahead of me and was the best player in the state by a mile.

I think Toomer was the first really big recruit to come out of Concord De La Salle, which was arguably the best program in the country for about a decade.

Draft saved Draft deleted