1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best albums of 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

David Ford - Songs for the Road

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Best album of the year so far in 2008? For me, it's Jack Johnson's "Sleep Through the Static."

3. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

best album 2008 - In Rainbows, Radiohead.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I got that in November 2007.

5. Haven't bought the album yet, but am looking forward to picking up R.E.M.'s "Accelerate." Anyone who can provide a review?

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've been listening to it the last couple of weeks and I really like it. Solid return to form.

Another one I'm really enjoying is the Mudcrutch album, but I'm a huge Petty fan.

7. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

i think i did, too. oops.

8. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Haven't seen anything I would be remotely interested in getting this year.

I got "Ten Days Out" by Kenny Wayne Shepherd and "Sloe Gin" by Joe Bonamassa last year. Loved them both.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Saw Bonamassa in concert last weekend. Guy is ridiculously good. His medley of "Just Got Paid" and "The Ocean" was incredible.

10. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Saw him last year once and have tickets to see Bonamassa again in June. Heard the "Just Got Paid" finish last year, but would have loved to see him do "The Ocean," one of my favorite songs.

He did a 15 minute solo on the acoustic that was just incredible. Probably the best solo I've seen live and this is from someone who has seen Van Halen multiple times.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Black Keys- Attack & Release

12. Great to know, Huggy.

Mudcrutch is the other album I've been wanting to get my hands on. Maybe I'll just pick them both up.

Draft saved Draft deleted