1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best album of the '90s - Champion crowned on page 21

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, May 6, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Re: Best album of the '90s - The process starts

Some of these matchups are fucking brutal...

East
    1 Nevermind (Nirvana) vs. TBD - Nevermind
    8 The Bends (Radiohead) vs. 9 Weezer (Weezer) - Weezer.
    5 Superunknown (Soundgarden) vs. 12 Doggystyle (Snoop Doggy Dogg) - These seeds should have been flipped and how Superunknown could make it and Badmotorfinger is relegated to the play-in game, I'll never know...
    4 Ready To Die (Notorious B.I.G.) vs. 13 3 Years, 5 Months, & 2 Days in the Life of... (Arrested Development) - Ready to Die in a walk...
    6 Out of Time (R.E.M.) vs. 11 Ritual De Lo Habitual (Jane's Addiction) - Ritual, even though Nothing's Shocking is better... Out of Time may be one of REM's worst albums.
    3 Jagged Little Pill (Alanis Morissette) vs. 14 Unplugged (Eric Clapton) - Wow, hate both albums. I'll go Clapton.
    7 Dirt (Alice In Chains) vs. 10 I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got (Sinead O'Connor) - Dirt is one of my favorite albums of all-time.
    2 Automatic For The People (R.E.M.) vs. TBD - Automatic for the People is one of REM's best albums.

Midwest
    1 Ten (Pearl Jam) vs. 16 TBD - Duh, Ten.
    8 Definitely Maybe (Oasis) vs. 9 MTV Unplugged in New York (Nirvana) - I think I will definitely, maybe vote for Nirvana.
    5 CrazySexyCool (TLC) vs. 12 Vitalogy (Pearl Jam) - Vitalogy
    4 Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (Smashing Pumpkins) vs. 13 Tragic Kingdom (No Doubt) - Mellon Collie, even though it's overrated.
    6 Rage Against The Machine (Rage Against The Machine) vs. 11 Use Your Illusion I (Guns N' Roses) - I can't believe I'm voting against both GNR albums, but Rage's first album is beyond awesome.
    3 Dookie (Green Day) vs. 14 Check Your Head (Beastie Boys) - Check Your Head.
    7 Odelay (Beck) vs. 10 Grace (Jeff Buckley) - Grace
    2 Achtung Baby (U2) vs. 15 TBD Achtung Baby.

South
    1 Ok Computer (Radiohead) vs. 16 TBD - Love this album.
    8 Aquemini (Outkast) vs. 9 Urban Hymns (The Verve) - Aquemini
    5 Illmatic (Nas) vs. 12 Aenima (Tool) Aenima.
    4 Downward Spiral (Nine Inch Nails) vs. 13 Vs. (Pearl Jam) - Vs.
    6 Siamese Dream (Smashing Pumpkins) vs. 11 Use Your Illusion II (Guns N' Roses) - Siamese Dream.
    3 Blood Sugar Sex Magik (Red Hot Chili Peppers) vs. 14 Violator (Depeche Mode) - Blood Sugar...
    7 All Eyez on Me (2pac) vs. 10 Life After Death (Notorious B.I.G.) - Gotta go Biggie.
    2 The Chronic (Dr. Dre) vs. 15 TBD - Chronic over almost anything.

West
    1 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (Lauryn Hill) vs. 16 TBD - Will wait and see who the Cinderella team is.
    8 Enter the Wu-tang (36 Chambers) (Wu-Tang Clan) vs. 9 The Slim Shady LP (Eminem) - Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck with...
    5 The Low End Theory (A Tribe Called Quest) vs. 12 Californication (Red Hot Chili Peppers) - Tribe's best album in a walk.
    4 The Score (Fugees) vs. 13 Supernatural (Santana) - The Score
    6 In Utero (Nirvana) vs. 11 Ill Communication (Beastie Boys) - Neither band's best work... I'll go In Utero.
    3 (What's the Story) Morning Glory (Oasis) vs. 14 Cypress Hill (Cypress Hill) - Cypress Hill
    7 Fear Of A Black Planet (Public Enemy) vs. 10 AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted (Ice Cube) - Fear of a Black Planet
    2 Metallica (a.k.a. The Black Album) (Metallica) vs. 15 TBD - Metallica. Hardly the band's best work, and I'll vote for Low End Theory over it if both survive long enough for that matchup.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Exile HAS to be in this bracket. I would put August and Everything After as well.

Badmotorfinger, and one of the first two Garbage albums,

Just for me, I'd go with Being There or Summerteeth by Wilco.

3. Mizzougrad96

I just realized that Being There and no Jay-Z albums made the field.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, how does Reasonable Doubt not even make the play-in round?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Mizzougrad96

God, it's like Tesla didn't even exist!!! :D

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Where's Damn Yankees! [/BYH]

8. Mizzougrad96

No Mr. Big. No Babylon A.D., no Kix...

9. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Saigon Kick got fucking robbed.

10. Mizzougrad96

No Steelheart?!

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Enter the Wu is, front to back, every bit as good as The Chronic. Discuss ...

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Ace of Base really thought they had a chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted