1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best (actor-potrayed) President

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 19, 2009.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Erroneous! Erroneous on at least two counts!

That season of the West Wing never, ever happened.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton as "The President" (never referred by name) in "Contact." ::)

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

What, not love for Randy Quaid as LBJ in the miniseries from 20-odd years ago? Patti LuPone played Lady Bird.

4. I have waited and waited and waited.
    No one has mentioned Ronald Regan yet?!

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

How about Barry Bostwick as George Washington?

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ralph Wiggum

8. Well. .... crap.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Buck,

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/s/smith-onbaseball.html

Go about 2/3rds the way down.

10. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

[​IMG]

No love for President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho?

"Shit. I know shit's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution."

Incidentally, if you have not seen this movie, it is hysterical and you should do so immediately.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I'm more than a little excited for Liam Neeson to play Lincoln in the yet to be filmed Spielberg movie.

12. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

The following speech always seemed like the West Wing's subtle Sept. 11 Tribute to me:

More than anytime in recent history America’s destiny is not of our on choosing we did not seek nor did we provoke an assault on freedom and our way of life. We did not expect nor did we invite a confrontation with evil.

Yet the true measure of a people’s strength is how they rise to master that moment when it does arise. Forty-four people were killed a couple hours ago at Kenason State University.

Three swimmers from the men’s team were killed and two others are in critical condition when after having heard the explosion from their practice facility they ran into the fire to help get people out.

Ran into the fire.

The streets of Heaven are too crowed with angels tonight. They’re our students and our teachers and our parents and our friends. The streets of Heaven are too crowed with angels but every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge we look up and we’re reminded that that capacity may well be limitless.
    This is a time for American Heroes.
    We will do what is hard.
    We will achieve what is great.
    This is a time for American Heroes and we reach for the stars.
    God bless their memory, God bless you, and God bless the United States Of America. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted