1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Actor / Actress never to be nominated or win

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jan 26, 2016.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

watching High Fidelity, another snow day. John Cusak, working actor since 1983.
    Best working/ living actor never to be nominated for an Oscar?

Some great roles and performances over the years

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Are we allowed to nominate black actors?

Danny Glover.

3. heyabbott

Sure. What role or just his body of work?

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Hollywood has been cruel to Pauly Shore. It's a mystery.

Liut likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Harry Dean Stanton?

6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Bill Murray. Certainly not the best actor ever, but he's put together a great body of work, especially in the last 20 years. I still wonder how he didn't even get so much as a nomination for St. Vincent.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Putting up with Mel Gibson, mostly.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think the list is older (doesn't have Rickman as passing away). But apart from Jennifer Leigh, I thought there were three or four on that list that I am honestly surprised they haven't been nominated yet (and a few that I am definitely not surprised haven't been nominated yet).

11. As far as leading men to have never been nominated: Richard Gere for An Officer and A Gentleman
    Supporting Actors: Steve Buscemi, Pick one; Alan Rickman, RHPOT and John Cusak, pick one.

I thought Murray was nominated for Hyde on the Hudson (which was an awful movie) and Lost in Translation ... Both of which are awful fucking movies. But yeah, he has a solid body of good to great work.
    Although I didn't like a lot of his artsy stuff; the two above mentioned, Life Aquatic ... and Royal Tenenbaums ..

Update: Yep . He was nominated for Lost in Translation ... Bill Murray - Awards - IMDb

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Buscemi is the only one that actually makes me a little bit angry.

Draft saved Draft deleted