1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bernie Miklasz: The Rams don't like the local media. Waaaaaa!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Oct 19, 2009.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

This is worth writing about? I found it a bit interesting that Simers was in the GM's box, but c'mon.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/2F92D7DECEE18DD386257652000C88EF?OpenDocument

(Sorry if a DB, couldn't find it in a quick search).

2. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I was afraid it was T.J. Simers you were referring to.

What the hell is a sportswriter doing in the owner's box? Ugh.

3. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

This comment ... I don't even know where to begin:

"It's not that puzzling , you local media guys are so negative as a whole , even about the cardinals before they lost , and the rams you guys are so hard on this guy and they young team ,and then whine because pujols ,and rams mangement don't want to talk to you , dosn't freedom of speak go both ways and the funniest thing is you try to make us fans mad because they don't talk to you , well beside's you clones that are trying to always kiss up to you with there point , the regular fan dosn't really care if they talk to you are not , to these guys your talking bad about family , if you sow negativity that's what you reap , a bad seed won't grow good fruit , you guys need to have more compassion on these teams and players and at least try to be optamistic part of the time . the rams are bad , but last game was way better , especially on offense. and what about all the worst frachise stuff , the thing is your intitled to your opinion , but they are also entitled not to talk to you no more that they have to . Go spags and Rams ."

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Turns out, Simers wasn't in Devaney's suite. Bernie apologized for the error the next day.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Nice going, Bernie.

Still makes one wonder what Simers is doing helping an NFL owner push a personal agenda. In my opinion, of course.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

How was this guy not at least suspended for a few days for this one?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This is a column style Miklasz was done once a week for years, kind of a forerunner to stream-of-consciousness blogs. Often has interesting tidbits, but why he would think St. Louisans would give a shit that Simers was at the game is beyond me.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

St. Louis is a terrific baseball town.

But the folks there have a tremendous chip on their shoulder about their perceived status as a sports market. Out of such insecurity such columns get written.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Teams, pro and college, always cater to the national media over the local media, in large part because the national media is usually just covering the games or working on broad feature-type topics, rather than constantly digging for comment and information about mundane day-to-day things like the third-string linebacker who got a DUI the night before (i.e., doing their jobs).

It's a fact of life. Bernie should know that.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

What would Rush Limbaugh say about such reporting?

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Good point, in light of Bryan Burwell's reporting, er, opining on Dave Checketts' potential ownership group.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

if you sow negativity that's what you reap

Draft saved Draft deleted