1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bernie Kosar wants to coach Miami

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 6, 2006.

1. WTF? :eek:
    Care to elaborate on that?

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

Kosar graduated from the U a YEAR early with a double major of finance and economics.
    Also, remember the famous Dan Marino "Fake Spike" play from 1994?
    Guess who called that?
    Yep.
    Not I'm not saying Bernie should get the job or that he would successful, but he is smart and knows the game as well as any coach.
    At worst, FIU could hire him to replace Don Strock.

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

HAHA! Is it too late to nominate Post-Of-The-Year? Well done, sir!

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

Love from the Dawg Pound.
    Sir, you have made my day.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Have you heard Kosar speak recently?

If he isn't a drunk, he was hit on the head 100 times too many.

6. Chris Spielman said he wanted the Ohio State job when Tressel was hired. I think the rule is that if you're a big enough name at the school and have opened your checkbook often enough, the AD pretends to take you seriously. Then at some point the millionaire ex-athlete realizes he really doesn't want to work 16 hours a day.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This summer Bernie Kosar called into WTAM radio in Cleveland one afternoon talking about his divorce. He supposedly was with his kids at the time of the call at an amusement park. His voice was a mess...slurred, incoherent. WTAM archives the radio show he was on, but that segment was scrubbed the day after it was orginally broadcast.

His wife had also brought up allegations of substance abuse during the divorce. Bernie is given the benefit of doubt in NE Ohio, but his appearance in the booth for Browns preseason games wasn't reassuring. While coherent and sharp during the broadcasts, he was jerky and shifty when he appeared on screen. He was clearly not the calm and collected man I remember from his playing days.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

BERNIE AND BABETTE GOT DIVORCED?!?!?!?!?!

Oh lord, how do any of us hope to make it??

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Mario Cristobal, the OL coach at UM is going to get the FIU job. (as if anyone gives a shit)

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

I heard Kosar on 790 in Miami and at first I didn't know who it was, the guy definitely sounded weird.
    Guess his NFL greeting card company didn't do that well.

Draft saved Draft deleted