1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bernie Kosar wants to coach Miami

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9852297

This is how laughably bad the job search has become for the Canes. Bernie Kosar steps up and says he wants the job. Apparently, he was approached.

Did Bennie Blades turn them down? Could they not offer Michael Irvin enough money to get him out of Bristol?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lamar Thomas seems to have a lot of school spirit.

3. Freelance Hack

Now, that's what I'm talkin' about

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i don't see how this reflects badly on the U. kosar can approach whomever he wants. as a courtesy paul dee should give him a meeting but this job doesn't go to anyone who isn't either an experienced head coach or possibly a top coordinator.

5. Freelance Hack

Leo,

According to the article, Kosar said he was approached. I'm assuming it's the AD that approached him, although that's not stated in the article. If the U did approach Kosar, you have to assume it's for real. They wouldn't waste their time on someone who has no coaching experience just out of courtesy. That's asinine.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

As a Miami fan, and a Cleveland Browns fan, I say only this:

Shoot me now.

7. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Is it wrong to still have a man-crush on No. 19?

I miss ya BK!

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why don't they just hire Randy Shannon and end the embarrassment... Nobody wants that job...

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes..yes it is.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

ok fh, i didn't read that as the AD approaching him but i only skimmed the article in my morning paper. i know the U, less so than schools like alabama, has boosters and hangers on who have some influence and who can make these kinds of calls. i agree that if he's even being considered a legitimate candidate then this is a huge embarasment and means paul dee is in way over his head.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Miami does understand that Bernie will do his job crocked out of his mind on pills?

Love Bernie to death, but the man needs some serious help, not a damn job.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe it's time for Warren Sapp to retire and think about his next career.

Draft saved Draft deleted