1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bernard Hopkins vs. Joe Calzaghe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Round 5: Hopkins is tiring, Calzaghe wins the round. Calzaghe lands a hard left at the end of the round to stagger Hopkins. Calzage wound up for a haymaker in the middle of the round, but Hopkins dodged it.

Cards are even.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Bernards winning this fight in 9........at least I hope so. normally if its a fight w/ 2 boxers I don't follow, I'll root for the white guy, but I've never like Calzghe

3. Rumpleforeskin

Round 6: Calzaghe resorting to dirty tactics. He low blowed Hopkins coming out of a clinch, but the referee didn't call it. Hopkins tossed him to the ground at the end of the round.

Even scorecards.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Round 7: Calzaghe begins to pull away. The Welshman connected with a good combination to stun Hopkins. Bernard is starting to lunge, he's looking tired. Hopkins luckily landed a hard shot at the end of the round.

Calzaghe is up.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Round 8: Hopkins caught a second wind. He crushed Calzaghe with a few shots, but Calzaghe answered with some of his own. Calzaghe attempted another haymaker, but missed.

Tied.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

For what it's worth, ESPN's got Hopkins way in front right now.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Round 9: With 30 seconds left in the round, both fighters land powerful combinations. Hopkins gets his first, rattling Calzaghe, but the Welshman follows with a right-left-right.

Hopkins is getting tired again, but we'll see.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

big A-list crowd tonight....Jim Belushi scored prime seats, right behind Simon Cowell and Stallone.....

apparently Hopkins balls are 3 inches below his belly button

9. Rumpleforeskin

Round 10: Calzaghe with a low blow to Hopkins, Cortez allows Hopkins a few minutes to regroup. Fight turns dirty, Hopkins lands several low blows out of the clinch. Interesting fight.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Round 11: Unless Hopkins pulls a rabbit out of his ass, he's not going to win this fight. Calzaghe resorted to another punch behind the head and a low blow, but the ref only caught the rabbit punch.

Should be a strong last round.

11. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

By how much do you have Calzaghe winning at this point?

12. Rumpleforeskin

Round 12: Calzaghe and Hopkins really didn't finish strong. Both fighters showboated a little bit. Can't say much about it.

I have Calzaghe winning by a lot. Unanimous.

Draft saved Draft deleted