1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Berkeley To The Marines : Stay Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jboy

jboy Guest

You do that.

2. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

"Dear Mr. President,

There are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot."

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And why are you urging us to sign a petition protesting something that was already reversed a couple weeks ago?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Semper Fi Berkeley - 2 Million of earmarks on way to being cut:

http://demint.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressReleases.Detail&PressRelease_id=ef6b4762-0926-9499-d7cc-7e38c68d5387

5. jboy

jboy Guest

Looks like your phone call worked. Congrats!

With this issue closed, there's no need for any further comments. Thanks everyone.

6. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

You'd be surprised what you can deduce from reading your initial mangling of the details followed by dozens of posts on the subject. Common sense and a little intelligence go a long way. But don't strain yourself trying to employ these tools. I have a feeling you have a condition that causes the wires to become crossed.

7. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Do you ever look at the dates on anything you post?

9. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

By the way, I'd like to remind folks that Jim DeMint, thought to be the most conservative congressman of them all, also thinks that unwed mothers aren't fit to teach schoolchildren. I wish him lots of luck.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The point, I think, is that it took over three hours of heated debate, more than 100 citizens speaking out, mothers clutching photos of their deceased Marine sons, and a flag-burning outside the courthouse to get the council to reverse its decision.

As others have said, good luck with your battle for free speech around the globe when our own military doesn't even enjoy the privilege at home.

11. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

This is the Internet. Talking out of your ass is a moral imperative.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dated 06 FEB 2008.

Thanks for playing, Boom-boom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.