1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Berkeley students plan "bake sale" in response to legislation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Sep 27, 2011.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

14 years, down the drain.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Your mom just calls it "the move."

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Unless she does so at a seance, no.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This is how you best address the ridiculous:

You protest back and expose them for what they are:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/27/uc-berkeley-racist-bake-sale-protested_n_984049.html

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

booo hooo hoo for the poor pampered fratboys.

the nasty colored people keep keeping them down.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that every last one of them would say "I got here on my own merit, nobody gave me anything." As they will later in life when arguing against being taxed for anything at any time ever.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Berkley may be the wrong place for Affirmative Action, since 45% of the incoming freshman class is Asian. I doubt that figure is proportionate to the State of California as a whole or recent high school graduates in California.

31.7% of incoming freshman are white.

This should be intramural battle of the oppressed, a real Color War.

In fact, white males comprise only the 4th largest demographic, out numbered by Asian Females, Asian Males and White Females.

The oppressor is about 15% of the total enrollment of undergrads

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No, no, no. You ban their protest and kick them off campus for having unacceptable thoughts.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Can't you just beat up the offending republicans, burn some leaflets and break a few windows?

No reports of missing plasma TVs and liquor from the local stores?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This thread was created, and provides the perfect opportunity, for people to spout borderline racist views under the guise of intellectualism.

Happens quite a bit in here. Some people see this and look upon it as their chance to be a little bit outrageous and provocative.

(And yes, I read the entire article and read the article two years ago when it happened at Bucknell.)

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I think watching PCU should be mandatory at college campuses.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Holy crap! of course there would be a "die-in" and the inevitable guy who figures he will debate the issue with someone there and "win it" and everything will be solved.
    Really - I expected something more from Berkeley, like maybe getting the cops to issue a citation for selling food without a permit, health inspectors...

Draft saved Draft deleted