1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Berkeley students plan "bake sale" in response to legislation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's silly news and playing right into the hands of College Republicans, but the thought of middle- or upper-class white males being oppressed is equally silly.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

It isn't fair.

3. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

This is what college is all about. A bunch of people in a bubble having little protests and students playing government and making resolutions and condemning things.

I get the point. It's the same point people have been making for 30 years. Nothing new or interesting about it.

You wanna change the world? Graduate and go get a job and do something real.

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

this

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Latinos but not Latinas? That's sexist.

6. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Actually - they sell them to them, but then they take them away.
    [/quote]
    Got a good laugh out of that, thanks.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Is this racist? On its face no.

But let's look at substance over the style. Its all a pretext to try to show how minorities are keeping the white man down.

Its up to the audience to decide whether they want to buy into what they are selling. The Republicans got the publicity they were craving. Larger question is whether anyone really thinks that in US the white man pays more than a minority for anything.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that saw the thread title and thought this whole thing was about some piece of marijuana legislation?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Throw a couple of references to the proletariat in there and you could SO use that line to land some Berkeley hippie tail.

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That probably would have made for a more interesting thread.

Or at least made us extend our day of silence for the dead Doritos guy.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I would pay $1.75 for a cookie. The woman in the cubicle next me at work would pay $0.50 and the woman in the cubicle next to her would get her cookie for free.

Racist.

I see the point they are making, but it is still racist.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No it's not. RickStain knows all, has pointy ears and uses the Vulcan death grip.

Draft saved Draft deleted