1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Benoit autopsy results are in

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

what I find funny tends to be darker than what the room finds funny, so never mind that you saw anything.

2. Could have done without that.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I thought it was funny, Meat. Sorry for steering you wrong.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

So tell me, Omar, what are TNA, ROH and PWG? What are their steroid policies? How many of their entertainers have died at an early age because of steroid abuse?

And, yes, I was speaking strictly of WWE and scumbag McMahon because I know nothing of these other organizations (nor do I really care to).

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't think the independent wrestling companies (ROH and PWG, among others) test for 'roids.

TNA will take any WWE castoff, no matter what drugs they abuse. See: Angle, Kurt.

6. That was precisely my point, and it was more directed to Big Game and others who follow the other non-WWE leagues.

The independents don't test for steroids but it's also much less of a problem--still some users, but those guys don't have to be all buff and chiseled 365 days out of the year to look good on network TV. The independents tend to emphasize athleticism more than musculature.

Chris Candido was in TNA when he died. He broke his leg during a match and died from a blood clot following surgery. He suffered from drug addiction earlier in his career but had cleaned up prior to his death. That's meant as information, not editorializing or trying to make TNA somehow seem better, as I know that drugs are as much an issue there--especially recreational ones.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, the fans won't tell him how to run his business
    I can't remember the movie, but the line is along the lines of "They think what I tell them to think..."

EDIT: Citizen Kane was the movie

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

If anyone is wanting to know about the countless other wrestlers who have died, this is the site for you to reference. It's a damn shame that it exists, but it's a site some of the TV media and others need to reference when discussing the high number of wrestler deaths at a young age.

http://www.garywill.com/wrestling/decwres.htm

9. Big Game

Big Game Member

See, this is my problem with Spnited (on this subject ... for all I know, he's a prince otherwise). They don't give two shits about the business yet passionately advocate the destruction of it. I'd much rather hear potential solutions from people who care about the business because, in reality, pro wrestling isn't going anywhere. It's been around longer than any of us and will be around long after we're all off this planet. So, the solution of "Let's do away with it!" isn't gonna work.
    So, Spnited (and, I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, I'm just trying to see what an 'outsider' thinks) ... if getting rid of wrestling wasn't an option, what would be your solution to this problem? Because, obviously, there is a legitimate problem.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wrestling as we see it on the pro level is not a sport, it is an exhibition.

I know nothing about the alphabet groups other than WWE and I honestly do not care. All of the results are probably scripted and fixed just like WWE.
    75% or more of the wrestlers are probably on roids, just like WWE.
    I don't waste my time worrying about it until some 'roids fueled moron like Benoit goes off like this.

Enjoy it all you like.
    It is a subhuman activity as currently constituted

11. Big Game

Big Game Member

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your response. You're not bringing anything to the table other than "Wrestling is stupid and so are its fans."
    Again, just because you don't like it, or don't follow it, doesn't make it "a subhuman activity." I think your mindset (Benoit's a roided up murderer, so all wrestlers are roided up murders! Let's do away with pro wrestling!) is as simplistic as your opinion of the fans you've been insulting.

I agree with you 100 percent that there are problems with the business that need to be fixed, starting with the steroid and prescription drug issues. But, I take offense to you ridiculing the fans who watch it.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I asked Omar to tell me something about the other organizations, their drug policies, etc. and all I've gotten is bullshit from you.

Give me some information. I have no idea what TNA is or where I even you see it.

And what little of WWE I see is a subhuman activity. How are the others different?

Draft saved Draft deleted