1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Benoit autopsy results are in

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jul 17, 2007.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The whole WWE 10:1 compared to the NFL 4:1 was proven false last week. WWE's standard is the same (4:1), just wanted to point that out.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Don't knock these reporters for trying to steer the story toward 'roid rage. They might work for papers where they were required to file budgets that said steroids were involved. News, sports, graphics, photo and the partner TV station all had that budget days ago, and it's too late to change directions at this point in the story.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Nice to see there's papers who come in with agendas instead of getting the facts FIRST.

4. Johnny Dangerously

I almost used the blue font, but I resisted, hoping against hope that a fellow former Gannett reporter would immediately give me much love for my post.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I know, but it just shows you that there probably IS a paper or two who would go that way no matter what an official says. Just saying.

6. chester

chester Member

Why does the AP story say in the lede that there were steroids in his body if the ME never actually said there were steroids in the body?

7. Some don't need the blue font, JD, to pick up on well-done sarcasm.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

How can you people be defending the WWE scumbags or this savage son of a bitch who had a 59:1 testosterone/epitesterone ratio?
    No 'roids in his system doesn't mean he was a 'roid freak who flipped out.

Some of you seem happy there were no 'roids in his system, like it excuses something.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Written before the actual presser? Good question. Unless they are considering the epitestosterone a steroid, which I don't think it is.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Um .. I don't think we're defending the WWE or Benoit, spnited. I think it just further muddies the issue as to why this happened. It's been too easy to blame it on 'roid rage and say that he just 'snapped.' Now nobody has that argument.

11. Johnny Dangerously

I hear ya. Trust me.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Do you honestly think that injecting synthetic testosterone to the point that the ratio was 59:1 -- normal is 1:1, "illegal" level in most sports is 4:1, this is 59:1 -- would have this asshole so revved up that he was freaking insane ... no differ than 'roid rage?
    C'mon, so you're all saying being juiced on synthetic testosterone is better than being a 'roids freak?

Draft saved Draft deleted