1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Benedict Arnold reincarnated as Arizona high school coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Sep 17, 2019.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Phoenix-area girls basketball coach is accused of sending game strategies of his school's football and boys basketball teams to their opponents.

Mtn. Pointe coach gave game strategies to opponents

Backstory, if it ever comes out, should be interesting.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Today's stupid people trick. I have my popcorn ready...

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This is in my neck of the woods. The school is a few miles from me and is the local rival to my kids' high school.

One of the more appalling aspects to it: this guy was emailing this inside information to opposing coaches for two years before one of those coaches came forward and told the head coach what was happening. That's pathetic.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If he only loses his job out of it, he should consider himself very very lucky.

And in regard to the backstory: I'd like to hear what he'd thought he'd get out of the whole deal.

Better coaching jobs? If you're one of the coaches benefiting from his inside info, are you ever going to hire him for anything, knowing he'll sell your ass out for a song first time he gets a chance?

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Those guys should be fired, too.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There's no explanation for a motive yet.

My guess is that he wanted the head football or basketball job. He was an assistant football coach and the girls basketball coach. I suspect he was trying to screw the head coaches for football and boys basketball to try to get one of their jobs.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All the coaches who received his info without blowing the whistle will be under heat too, especially the ones who carried on an actual dialogue about the material.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Complete urban legend was that Al Davis sold the Syracuse playbook when he was a grad assistant.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

“Snakeyleaks”

Draft saved Draft deleted