1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bend Ya Knees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 17, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Lastings - we hardly new ya.

MADDENED MINAYA SCOLDS LASTINGS FOR LEWD LYRICS
    By MIKE PUMA and MARIANNE GARVEY

May 17, 2007 -- Mets General Manager Omar Minaya yesterday scolded Lastings Milledge for his raunchy rap song, which uses the n-word and refers to women as "bitches" and "ho's."
    "I had a conversation with Milledge and let him know that as an organization we don't approve of those lyrics. I had to let him know," said Minaya, who added that upper management will soon decide whether to take further action against the outfielder.

"He totally understood why we felt that way and it's fair to say that after our conversation the team is going to review it and take it from there."

Mets management discovered Tuesday that Milledge - a top prospect who played three major-league games with the Mets this season before being sent back to the minors - is moonlighting as the founder and CEO of Soul-ja Boi Records, which features rapper Manny D, a childhood friend of the outfielder's.

Many of his songs include lyrics like "got a lot of d--ks for ya stupid a-- bitches."

Milledge wrote a message on Manny D's personal MySpace page, explaining why he funds his music.

"Everything he says in his songs is the truth, and that's what I really like about him! I will put any amount of money up on him because I know what he can do and ni---z down here in the south ain't doing what he doing."

Milledge, on the Triple-A New Orleans disabled list with a sprained ligament in his right foot, has had a rocky start in the majors - last year he was yelled at by manager Willie Randolph and several teammates for his bad behavior.

In high school, Milledge was expelled from Northside Christian School in St. Petersburg, Fla., because of accusations he fooled around with underage girls, some as young as 12 and 13.

Milledge did not comment yesterday, although his father weighed in on the controversy.

"That's today's society, that's what they want to hear," Tony Milledge said. "I'm not a fan of rap, but I can't tell him what he can and can't do. Lastings is in his own home making songs."

Mets third baseman David Wright also weighed in, saying that Milledge "made some mistakes" but learned from them. "He's a normal, young guy."

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And you can guarandamntee that if he was half as good as the Mets thought he was going to be, this would be a non-issue.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

While Milledge is punching his ticket out of town, the Mets real star of the future is getting his first taste of the bigs at age 21 .. in 2 starts, Carlos Gomez is 4-for-9, 2 doubles, 2 RBI, stolen base and plays the outfield much better than Milledge ever could.
    And he's faster than Jose Reyes... or so Reyes says.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

No, normal young guys don't talk about slinging dick to stupid-ass bitches and stay in trouble. Nor do normal men get a chance to play in the bigs.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Over/under on when Milledge is traded? I say between July 12-15, before the Mets go on a week-long West Coast trip against the Padres & Dodgers.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fuck you, David Wright is the star of the future!

[​IMG]

Mmmm David Wright.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Considering his value will likely never be lower, I don't see why they would trade him now. They've passed up so many deals, they might as well keep him at this point.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

They probably won't move him until the off-season.. after he's had a chance to show some ability (and maybe the slightest hint of maturity) at Triple A

And IJAG, my friend, despite his slow start David Wright already is a star!

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I know. But no one will eclipse him. That's my point.

[​IMG]

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

normal guys don't talk about it, but normal guys listen to these lyrics. i don't, but like it or not, listening to these lyrics doesn't make you a deviant.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sorry, TBF, but JDV constantly tells us about the hot chicks he pulls. I'm sure he slings some roid-shriveled dick to those stupid-ass bitches. And he could have walked on at UCLA or some shit, so of course normal guys do all that stuff. If JDV says it, you know it's true. SCOREBOARD!

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

For real. Do these guys enjoy movies?

Anyway, the hip hop attack is in full bloom.

Draft saved Draft deleted