1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Stein's new movie about Intelligent Design

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Ask and you shall receive :D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

We can't assume 2+2=4 is settled. My high school calculus teacher, the first day, said numbers don't exist as we know them, that graphically represented we are infinitely curving toward a whole number, but never quite reaching it. So 2 nor 4 really exist.

On a related note, I failed high school calculus.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Unavailable for comment:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Was that because you completely turned to stone when he said this?

5. I think I'd argue with that teacher that the "grade" he/she gave me was just a fake number anyway.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

At this point, Ben has completely tainted good Ferris Beuller memories. :mad:

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Calculus blows donkey balls. They lost me when they came up with problems like "x•b/y+z=a...now solve for g".
    Anytime there's more letters in the math problem than in your average sentence, it ceases to be math. At that point it's just frustration.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You've gotta love that IMDB page.
    At the bottom of the page, it says "If you enjoyed this title, our database also recommends:"
    and what it recommends is:
    2 surfing documentaries (The Endless Summer and The Endless Summer 2)
    "Collectors" ("A feature length documentary about artwork by serial killers; those who make it, the people who promote it and the people that detest it.")
    Step Into Liquid ("Surfers and secret spots from around the world are profiled in this documentary.")
    and the best one of all...
    The Official Star Wars Fan Film Awards ("The SciFi Channel presents a TV spectacular honoring the best homemade satires of the Star Wars universe from Lucasfilm's first Offical Star Wars Fan Film Awards. Kevin Smith hosts and showcases all the award-winners, from Star Wars-themed spoofs to documentaries and mockumentaries.")

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

An attempt to use science to claim to prove God is as silly as using science to claim to disprove God.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Any bets that the movie uses "She Blinded Me With Science?"

Ugh. Some Christians can be so lame. <i> Spread the Gospel? Nah. Let's change public school educational standards! </i>

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with a lot of teachers or professors being fired for teaching intelligent design, but I wouldn't have a problem with a public school teacher being let go for teaching theories that are not part of the lesson plan.

12. Tony - Gaps in the DNA strands of both apes and humans are 100 percent identical. The mistakes, if you will, in the "design" of the two species. And they are exactly the same. If there had been any differentiation, it would have been a serious blow to evolutionary theory, and scientists realized this when they assembled the technology and knowledge to make that comparison a few weeks ago. They embraced it, in fact.

And it was exactly the same.

That doesn't diminish us.

And it doesn't disprove God.

Draft saved Draft deleted