1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Roethlisberger 12 TD's In 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 3, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fair enough, though I think a big part of the issue is playing at the same time as Manning and Brady all through his career. Also, the game manager reputation lasted a lot longer than the reality, which was over very early in his career.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Wish we could go to an alternate universe where Palmer was healthy his entire career. Wonder what would have been.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No doubt being contemporaries of Brady and Manning has hurt him. Those two are all-time greats who make everyone else look small in comparison. They raised the bar so high that no one in this generation is in their class. I put Brees and Rodgers in that same top-four list, but even they feel like they're a step behind Brady and Manning.

4. More mediocrity.

5. amraeder

Agree to disagree. Really think he would have been very, very good.
    His 2005 season - the one that ended in a heap thanks to KVO was INSANELY good (almost 68% completion, 32 TD, 12 INTs, 7.5 Y/A). And that knee injury was INSANELY bad.
    He wasn't the same after that, and elbow troubles in 2008 made him even worse. He has never been the same player, physically, that he was before those injuries.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Let me guess- your need to use some Clorox to clean your Big Ben Fathead but the Troy one hanging above your bed has been clean for quite some time.....

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, gee, how I've missed that sharp wittiness.

8. outofplace

Unfortunately, that is part of the business. The injury definitely set him back tremendously. Also, I'm not sure he ever had a supporting cast that good again. That Bengals offense was damn good.

9. amraeder

Oh yeah, definitely part of the business. Just a "what could have been" that I like to ponder, especially with some renewed success in Zona.

10. outofplace

Palmer could always tear apart a defense if he had time and targets, but he is not the first guy I want out there when things go bad.

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how Palmer is viewed if the Cardinals win the Super Bowl this year, which could happen. I don't know if they're the favorites right now, but they're probably top 3-4.

Right now, I think smart money for the Super Bowl would be whichever team from the AFC hosts the championship game (Denver or New England), vs. Arizona.

12. I'll be stunned if they reach the NFC Championship game.

And I think the best NFC team is three or four notches down the pole compared to the AFC.

Draft saved Draft deleted