1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Roethlisberger 12 TD's In 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a db, checked and did not see, thought it deserved it's own
    thread etc, etc.

In case anyone has missed Ben Roethlisberger has thrown 12 TD's in past 2
    weeks. Just a spectacular run by an NFL QB.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Brady did it a few years ago.

I fell asleep after the Steelers' third straight 3 and out to start the game. Woke up pleasantly surprised to see what transpired.

He'll always have the drunk girl fiasco on his resume and some people can't separate what happens inside and outside the lines, which is a fair stance to take. Kobe falls into the category big-time. That said, Roesthlisberger is a joy to watch.

3. Boom_70

Bill Clinton, Marv Albert and Kobe recovered. So can Ben

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

He is fun to watch. It's crazy to say the guy is underrated with two rings, but I really feel like he is underrated, or at least overshadowed by some of the great QBs that have been around for most, if not all of his career.

That's also 12 TDs against two really good teams.

5. Boom_70

Both he and Rivers took a step back for a few years while Manning,
    Brady and Rogers stayed on top. Now they are both moving back into the
    upper realm.

6. Songbird

Perhaps we can give Rivers a "playing on West Coast time" pass for yesterday's debacle.

7. RecoveringJournalist

Those kind of trips don't usually end well for the away team. That's why the smart teams usually go earlier in the week.

Tannehill is playing really well lately. Good timing for him since he can get his contract extension this off-season.

8. Songbird

I've always thought that a head coach leading a team into such a game should spend the entire week practicing early in the morning to at least get the collective mindset ready, not to mention, get there Wednesday and deal with the jet-lag and other travel factors.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe what I was watching. Six touchdowns against the Ravens defense?? Baltimore's D and the Colts aren't exactly known as cream puffs.

10. RecoveringJournalist

Some teams do it that way. The Niners have done that a few times when they had back-to-back games on the East Coast.

I think it being an early game really makes a difference.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No he didn't. It's an NFL record.

12. Songbird

Reading comprehension problem at 7 a.m. So many numbers in the same graf!

ESPN:

Draft saved Draft deleted