1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Moffitt: FRAUD! (allegedly)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Jan 4, 2008.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Re: Ben Moffitt: FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (allegedly)

Nice story comments from the public, accusing his wife of being a "b_tch!". Maybe she didn't handle it the best way, but you carry this dude for four years and then he dumps you after football season's over? Nice.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The wife isn't being very smart. What does she gain out of this? If she says she wrote papers for him while she was at work, she'll be lucky if she isn't fired.

And this guy got married before he was a high school senior and it hasn't turned out? Shocking!

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

"Ben Moffitt has never written a paper," Shauna said. "Never. Ever. I love him, but he doesn't know how to spell. He cheats."

BTW, While Ben and USF call this hearsay, it's not close. Everything that Mrs. Moffitt said she did, is not hearsay.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Maybe it wasn't smart move by her (I don't blame her if she was getting real fustrated and keeping it internal, but you have to vent sooner or later), but he's on my shit list. If your wife is minding the kids, working a job, doing your papers, and taking out loans to bankroll your senior year so you can strap on a helmet and light up someone, you're a bum.

He walks out without even an explanation to her? She has every right to bitch. Fuck those jackasses who attacking her verbally for trying to ruin his "good" name.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I love this quote.

"I wrote those papers because I love him and I was trying to help our future. I don't want to do anything that won't please Christ. I'm tired of him being portrayed as Mr. Wonderful. He's been awful, awful to me and these kids for two months."

Yeah, I'll bet Christ loves the hell out of mothers who put their children on the front page of the newspaper with a scandal. I know that the first instinct is to call a reporter sometimes, but lawyers many times are more logical. If she's done for him everything that she says that she has she'll be entitled to many future earnings.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

The only reason I clicked on this thread was to find out who the hell Ben Moffitt is.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Same here.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, me too. But, if true, what a bastard he is.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Same here. Well, that and BYM comes up with an entertaining rant or two on occasion.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

There is something else at play here that we aren't hearing.

Quite possibly, it's Moffitt seeing that he's due for a nice payday and doesn't want her to get a cut. He was too stupid to sign a prenup. She married a guy three years younger than her ... I'd say her motives for writing his papers, helping to put him through school, etc., could be financially motivated.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

This sure blows up all the warm and fuzzy stories about his homelife and workload during football season that were written during the season.

I'm sure not many of you saw it, but Shauna was interviewed by ESPN during I think the Bulls game against Florida Atlantic, and talking about how tough it is, but how Ben's such a great guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted