1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Gordon says he has played last game as a Bull

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JakeandElwood, Aug 16, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537868

The link says they're looking at sign and trade possibilities and Gordon won't sign the Bulls one-year qualifying offer. This from a guy who turned down a $50 million extension last summer. If the Bulls can get any type of decent power forward for him, it will be a good deal since the back court is crowded now after Rose was drafted.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Gordon has always been a quasi starter/sixth man/instant offense for the Bulls. Can he do that as a starter for another team, or will be always be a guy who's going to be more effective coming off the bench like Manu Ginobili?

3. joe

joe Active Member

Joe Johnson without the game. Johnson got his money from the Hawks, but, you know, he plays for the Hawks.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So where would Gordon fit? As J&E mentioned, the Bulls could use some frontcourt help. Which team has a surplus of that, and needs someone who can boost their scoring?

5. joe

joe Active Member

Oh, I don't know. Just making the point that it's all about the money, not the team or a chance to win a title. Johnson had a much better chance of winning with the Suns, but he wanted the money, so he's with the dog-ass Hawks. I can't imagine Gordon getting a Johnson kind of deal, however. He ain't in Johnson's class.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to see it's Gordon who's going, though. I expected him to sign and the Bulls to trade Hinrich for a power forward. Nothing is immediately coming to mind for Gordon, though.

It said that if he's not traded he can't sign with another NBA team, but he could play in Europe. My money's on a trade obviously.

7. And nothing of value is lost.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ben Gordon says he has played his last game with the Bulls.

Gordon is not a Bull. He's a person. Just like Brett Favre is not a Jet. And just like Kobe Bryant is not a Laker.

Mini-rant over. Carry on.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That's deep, Sonner.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The Hawks did take Boston to the brink, though.

And the guy is a hoss on NBA Ballers.

But the Hawks still suck. Did they even get above .500?

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Apparently.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Who is Ben Gordon to turn down 50 million, he isn't that damn good.

The Joe Johnson comparison was right on.

Draft saved Draft deleted