1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Francisco's Official Baseball Postseason Thread (No. 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Relax junior. It's SportsJournalists.com tradition to mock fans who use "we" when referring to a team, since, you know, this place is supposed to be populated by people who grew beyond that at 22. Fuck.

2. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

I know. It's also a really lame tradition and joke that isn't funny to begin with. This ain't my first rodeo around these parts...

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I never thought it was a joke.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Then you oughta know how lame it is to use "we."

you sound like write then drink, who thankfully has left the premises.

5. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

If Iannetta ever starts (he won't, but should), the Rockies could conceivably field a team of 9 homegrown guys (depending on how you count Carlos Gonzalez...)

They have the smallest payroll of the teams left, which was my reasoning behind it. They just don't have the same resources of some of the other teams. I know that doesn't guarantee success and I understand that there's a great amount of debate around these parts and want NOTHING to do with that one, but of the teams left, the Rockies are the most similar to the Twins.

6. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

It's lame to you. I think inside jokes about avatars and ridiculous celebrity crushes that dominate baseball discussions are lame. You don't see me bringing it up every time it happens.

I generally avoid it, but slipped. It won't happen again, Master BYH.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oh, it's funny.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry for pointing out how fucking lame and pathetic you sounded. It won't happen again, Master Fanboi Gene.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

In BYH's defense, this whole board is lame; he just happens to stand out.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

THANK YOU!!!

How are our White Sox going to fare this winter?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

We need to figure out what to with our outfield.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm pretty sure we'll be all right if we can unload Alex Rios and re-sign Scotty Pods. No coincidence we're at our best when he's our sparkplug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.