1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Francisco's Official Baseball Postseason Thread (No. 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Time to get it started all over again.

ADD: The only active No. 10 I could find on any team roster still alive.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Halos in 6...then in 6 again.

3. Nice to see someone told Chase Utley the playoffs started.

4. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Hammel was so good early... Sigh.

At least we got to the Phillies' pen. That's certainly their weak point.

5. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

UMPIRE: "Hey, Tracy... Normally we give you 27 outs in a game. That cool?" TRACY: "Nah... I'd like 26. Cool with you, Manuel?" MANUEL: (No sign of a pulse).

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

it'd be funny if the yanks and rocks made it to the world series and the rocks kept alive the yanks' inability to beat the most recent expansion teams in the series (d'backs, marlins).

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

How are you posting and playing at the same time?

8. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

I'm really glad you pointed that out. Otherwise, I would have continued to use the term "we" and nobody else in the world would have given a shit.

Ass.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Man, do the Rockies have a bunch of clown pitchers. I think half of them were designated for assignment sometime this season.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ron Mahay needs a job.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Colorado and the Angels and no one will watch... GO ROCKS GO (and me, a Phils Phan...)

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bringing this over from the other thread because it's worth mentioning. It's almost the same for the Phillies. Counting Victorino (a Rule 5 guy) and Werth (signed as a mediocre 26-year old free agent three years ago who has blossomed with the Phils), there's seven "homegrown" players in the lineup. Ibanez and Feliz are the only ones who spent the best years of their career elsewhere.
    If you want to count signed/drafted guys, and include the pitcher, five of tonight's starting nine fall in that category.
    Four of the Dodgers' eight regular position players were drafted by the team. Two of their starting pitchers, too.
    Seems there's lots of "good guys" still left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.