1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Affleck Is Batman for Man of Steel Sequel (dir. Zack Snyder)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Argo director and star Ben Affleck is set to play Batman in the Man of Steel sequel pitting the two super heroes against one another.

The announcement was made by Warner Bros. this afternoon.

“Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder’s as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director’s vision of their universe, which he established in ‘Man of Steel,’ writes Warner Bros. in a press release.

Director Zach Snyder said, “Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

Batman VS Superman will hit theaters July 17, 2015. The announcement of a film starring both huge comic characters was made at San Diego Comic-Con last month. Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman for the movie.

Batman VS Superman will hit theaters July 17, 2015. The announcement of a film starring both huge comic characters was made at San Diego Comic-Con last month. Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman for the movie.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/#ixzz2ckf4eB76

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

By 49 seconds, DB is a d_B.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/93977/

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

This deserves its own thread.

And this is BULLSHIT!!! I'm so sick of actors playing one superhero and then another. It's fucking with the universe!

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree that it is worthy of its own thread.

Let's hope it works out like Chris Evans and we see a better movie and a better performance the second time around.

5. spikechiquet

Kevin Smith tweets in: "Do you know what this means? It means that I've seen Batman naked!!!"

6. Starman

I think everybody has safely forgotten about "Daredevil."

7. spikechiquet

Well at least we now know why Lee Thompson Young offed himself this week.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I can totally see this guy as Batman.

[​IMG]

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If I was in Hollywood, I don't know if I'd invest another dollar in superhero movies. They're expensive to make and you know at some point the next "thing" is going to come along.
    Iron Man came out in 2008, movies in production now will be coming out six years later, which is a long run for any "trend" in movies. Disaster flicks in the 70s, Sci-Fi epics in the 80s gave way to action hero movies, the 90s kind of saw a mishmash of older genres retooled with advancement in special effects, and now we're in the era of franchises designed from the jump to spur sequels.
    I don't know what the next "thing" is, I just know I wouldn't want to have $200 mil invested in something the kids of today aren't interested in anymore.

11. Starman

It'll take some apparently-completely healthy franchise coming to a screeching halt and crashing in one movie.

I suppose if the next Spider-Man movie completely stiffed, that would do it.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's just the lead time on these things and the money involved...it's not just one franchise. Sure the global markets save a lot of misfires, but I think after seeing The Avengers and Iron Man 3 the genre has been kind of creatively tapped out.

And looking at next year's summer slate - it doesn't look too promising. I'm guessing if you add up the numbers next to the sequels on deck you'd easily reach 50. Actually, by my count it is closer to 74.

Draft saved Draft deleted