1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Below the Mendoz...um, make that CARTER line, bad news for Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Ron Paul: in like a Christmas fruitcake!

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Huckabee was a one trick pony. Social conservatives would have loved him, but the GOP's money interests wouldn't have been any warmer to him than they were in 2007-08.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

You did see the screen name, right? Should clear up the issue.

4. Why? I'd be much more comfortable with him in office than Obama. I've seen much scarier posts than a guy backing Mike Huckabee for president.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

People are unemployed. They'll vote as their wallet tells them and Obama has done little for their wallet. Just like Bush had not in the months leading up to 2008 election, and just like the overwhelming majority ruling power didn't when the Dems had government in their grasp in 2010.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Bachmann is not the answer. She's busy looking for the U.S. Embassy in Iran to let them know she needs to close it.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Fair or unfair, the "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" carries a lot of weight at election time.

That doesn't mean Obama isn't going to get re-elected, but I can't imagine any scenario where the margin is even remotely similar to what it was in 2008.

8. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Well, Obama's done little for my wallet. But Newt wants to throw the unemployed like me into a woodchipper. I think I'll vote Newt because, um, THROW THE BUMS OUT!!!!1

It would behoove you to offer a reasonable alternative. The Democrats didn't in 2004.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

No and hell no.

But count on it: Much of his billion dollar war chest is being spent on finding Herman Cain sex partners, and someone that can bury the Mormon.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

2004 is a fair comparison. No good choices on either side.

But we're a lot worse off now than we were in 2004.

And by no means am I saying it's all Obama's fault.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

I said way earlier that the list of clowns running on the GOP side shows out pathetic our system of govt has become. There are no answers, only puppets.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

WERE YOU FUCKING ALIVE IN 1980? That is among the most inane statements you've ever made.

Reagan was no shoo-in to get elected until the last month or so of the general campaign.

Go back and look at the poll numbers. He sure as hell wasn't divined by God to get the job in January 1980. At the time, he had to prove he could run nationally after failing to get the 1976 nomination and he had to beat George Bush for the GOP nomination.

Jesus H. Christ. Revisionist history is the biggest blight on the intelligence, or lack thereof, of this nation.

Draft saved Draft deleted