1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Below the Mendoz...um, make that CARTER line, bad news for Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Nov 30, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Like Bush?

That normally is the blueprint to victory.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Gingrich is elected (don't bet the car), he will be the first U.S. President found to have used the office to enrich himself personally. Once a grifter, always a grifter. Maybe he'll do more history research for Fannie Mae.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Who is still alive at 89. Not sure why but I thought he was ancient in 1980. Might have had something to do with being seven at the time.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

True, but even if every single Anderson vote goes to Carter, Reagan still wins by 5-6 percentage points.

5. Mizzougrad96

I think my mom voted for him.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

So why can't this country pick an engaging, patriotic, passionate about fixing this country type who can appeal across the board? Is there someone out there who does that?

OR...is this country beyond repair?

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I wish we could replace the 535 bumbling fools in Congress in one election.

8. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

No, print. He/She doesn't exist. There is nobody who can appeal across the board, unfortunately.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

like one of those no confidence votes.....

10. printdust

printdust New Member

Only because, by then, the clowns on the other side would have found so many flaws in each other than the survivor is a dead man walking.

11. Mizzougrad96

This isn't 2008.

I'm not saying he's going to lose, but he's a long way from being unbeatable.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I realize we are getting into party politics here, but Elizabeth Warren is all of those things you mention -- and not beholden to corporate interests -- and the GOP establishment and specifically Wall Street is looking for anything it can to mock and degrade her, most prominently SHE'S UGLY!!!!!

No, I don't think the person you're looking for can ever make it to the top.

Draft saved Draft deleted