1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Below the Mendoz...um, make that CARTER line, bad news for Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Nov 30, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/30/on-day-1041-obama-approval-rating-hits-record-low/

He's below the Peanut Farmer?

So when is the DNC going to consider that maybe they need to have a party race for the White House?

2. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Ehh. We'll see. Don't think any Dem can beat out Romney, though.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I am concerned.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, let's be fair...

Obama's not exactly running against Reagan next year.

5. Mizzougrad96

I cannot claim to have even the slightest of idea how this is going to play out in the next 11 months...

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From your link:

Carter’s approval rating was on a steep upswing toward the end of his third year in office, rising from 29 percent in the beginning of October 1979 to a peak of 58 percent in January 1980.

Based on that trend, I can only assume Carter walloped whoever it was that had the misfortune of facing him in the 1980 election. Or that there aren't many conclusions to be drawn here. One of the two.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

I agree Mizzou. I still think Perry may be the best of the clowns.

Maybe, in the light of what America will have to choose from, we might need to begin to confront the possibility that our country is so fucked up, we deserve nothing but clowns and incompetents to run the show.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Did I miss something, or did someone other than a clown join the Republican presidential race?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This. Being the lesser of two evils will do wonders for Obama's re-election campaign.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

That swing was from liberals who were pissed with Carter but horrified that Reagan was about to get elected.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

I reference my suggested reality, posted a few posts back.

12. Mizzougrad96

Gotta disagree with you on Perry... Every time he opens his mouth I want to pound my head against the table.

I'm fine with Romney. I'm (sort of) fine with Gingrich. I'm fine with Huntsman.

The others can go away...

Draft saved Draft deleted