1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"... believin'. Hold on to that feeeeeelayyeeayyyin..." (Sopranos movie?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 6, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

You can't have a Sopranos movie without Gandolfini. Why bother? And I'd hope they'd include Falco in any future Sopranos project. The writers would need to find a really sizzling storyline to justify a movie, but I think it could be pulled off very nicely if the plot is compelling enough. Some of the show's episodes were like mini-movies anyway.

2. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

A Sopranos movie makes zero sense to me. So does a Wire movie -- and I love both of those shows. I don't see the sense in making a two hour version of a show that takes weeks to play out. And it ain't like either show was hamstrung by low production values or network standards for language and violence. The only thing you could really gain would be maybe putting a big movie star...but it would be stupid to have something like Matt Damon as a cop in the Wire movie, Angelina Jolie as Tony's new goomah or George Clooney as Carrie's new man in the Sex in the City flick.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's like saying why bother making Godfather II.

Draft saved Draft deleted