1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"... believin'. Hold on to that feeeeeelayyeeayyyin..." (Sopranos movie?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 6, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not in the past year.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You are full of fail. :D

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

What is...what do Bada Bing ladies say whenever they perform for Spnited?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Correct. They call him "Grandpa Softie".

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

"What's a motherfucking joemauerzeke?"

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've been there a few times. Its just up the road from the Meadowlands. Last time I was there was some old guy in a Met hat obviously in the cups complaining about the bitch that he worked for. The bouncers tossed him thankfully.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think he would have to do that.

8. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

My guess: This guy is full of it.

Maybe there'll be a movie, maybe not. But this guy probably doesn't know.

The Bing is in horrible shape and needs probably a few hundred thousand in renovations. Who has that kind of money in this economy? And seriously, do you expect a strip club to pay for anything?

He probably got the plans and choked at the price. When people started complaining about the condition of the place, he decided to pull out this Sopranos excuse to buy himself a little time.

And if I'm the Bing owner and knew a movie was coming, you can bet I'd keep my mouth shut to keep movie execs happy. I wouldn't go calling the newspaper.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I could see something like that if it were just Chase's decision, but you know that no studio would put up all the cash to get it made unless Gandolifini was involved. Personally, I'd like to see the Godfather II style prequel, because I think anything that is a follow up completely kills the power of the finale, kind of like knowing what happens to the Russian kills the power of Pine Barens. Could you do a prequel about Johnny Boy and Corrado? Maybe. You'd need some really good actors.

If you really want to see a Sopranos movie, you and all your friends should go see the Sex and The City movie that's coming out this month. I'm serious. Supposedly, HBO is waiting to see how the SITC movie does before they decide to greenlight potential Sopranos and Wire movies. Or, so says a friend who is friendly with a bunch of HBO people.

I don't think, not for a second, that a Wire movie ever gets made, although allegedly Dominic West and other cast members are trying to convince Simon to write one (also a prequel). But unless everyone is going to work for scale and 9 million people watch the finale Sunday and then go buy the first four seasons on DVD, I don't see how some studio exec could justify putting up the coin for it.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Go see the Sex in the City movie? Now that is a price that is far too high.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's the way to save a shitload of money... I think it would be the way to go...

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yup. I've there as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted