1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believe Me, It's Torture

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 2, 2008.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, that. And the fact that, you know, we were actually in Afghanistan under the pretenses of finding bin Laden and the people who actually fucked with us on 9/11. What a concept.

Which very, very few of us -- regardless of political views -- had a problem with then, or I daresay, have a problem with now.

The War on Terror is a sham, if all we're doing is the same nation-building and protecting-our-oil-interests shit we've always done. Go kick some al-Qaida ass? I'm on board. Invading Iraq, and lying to us about why? Fuck that.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you have written -- all of our bullshit politically-motivated wars/police actions/conflicts/nation building missions are a monumental waste of time and money and are almost always sold under false pretenses.

And the war on terror is a sham.

All I have said is if you look at what has an is taking place in Iraq, in that particular country, this war has been effective and we are making progress there.

Now, we can sit here all day and argue about how the war was sold and how we aren't really chasing Bin Laden in Iraq -- but that is IRRELEVANT to this discussion.

The Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid wave rode into Washington almost exclusively on the issue of Iraq two years ago. Unfortuately for them, they have failed to deliver even a fraction of what they promised and now that Iraq has run completely out of steam as a major issue, they better find a new tune to sing other than "Fredo is the devil and he lied about this war" because to quote a former president with an overactive libido "that dog won't hunt here any more......"

3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

So there's consensus that we've won in Iraq?

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No there is a consensus, except for a few libs who are still shouting "BUSH IS THE DEVIL FOR SENDING US TO IRAQ" that we are making steady progress in Iraq.

Draft saved Draft deleted