1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Belichick For Pro Football HOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 14, 2007.

?

Should Videogate keep Belichick from being inducted to HOF?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I think it's a race issue. [/Jemele Hill]

But seriously, you're right on this one. People's hatred of Belichick has completely clouded this issue. He's the most hated coach in the league and the backlash has been multiplied 10-fold because of that.

Boom, I think this story has reached critical mass (or will this weekend as you said) and then it will fade further and further from the public's consciousness. There's no way this will be the biggest storyline of the postseason.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The day the Patriots clinch a playoff berth, somebody just has to ask Coach Hoodie about it in the post-game presser...hopefully, near the end of it.

"Coach, your team just lost a first-round draft pick today. What do you think of that?" hehe

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

They should request the camera or inclusion in the hall's exhibits ...

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Absolutely I would and could never fully grasp the concept of keeping them out.

It's the sport's Hall of Fame with a collection of the best players; no matter what those two did wrong, they were definitely legends on the diamond. Say what you will on their plaques, but to omit these guys is to keep a chunk of the sport out.

As far as McGwire goes...his case isn't as strong as the two mentioned, but if I was given the vote I would slightly vote him in. What he did for baseball in 1998, juiced or unjuiced (and he was almost definitely juiced), should not go unnoticed. And the man was obviously a beast with the bat. He has the lowest at bats per home run ratio in baseball history, even better than the Babe and Bonds, as well as the most homers ever for a rookie and 8th most homers ever. I can certainly see the case for voters not punching his card, however.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I would have to think that question WOULD be the end of the presser, even if it was the first one asked...

Draft saved Draft deleted