1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Belichick For Pro Football HOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 14, 2007.

?

Should Videogate keep Belichick from being inducted to HOF?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't think this story had hit critical mass yet. When it does it will get worse for Belichick.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Where else can it go? I'm honestly asking. Unless he does it again, I'm not sure what else can be done.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I mean in terms of country knowing about it. This weekend it will be topic of discussion on every NFL pre game show.

If the Patriots make it to post season what do you think main story line will be ?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK, I see what you're saying now. I don't think there's any question the Pats will make the playoffs, but this is going to be a Sword of Damocles over the team's head all season, IMO.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It depends on what the public perception becomes.

If the public ends up believing the Patriots have been doing this all along, it taints the three Super Bowls and all the record of success, much like the belief that Bonds' late-career success was because of steroids.

Only the most naive of Patriots looser fanboys will think they just started doing this now or recently.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It is certainly going to be a distraction. I suppose the one way things could really get bad is if more allegations come out of the woodwork and are somehow proven to be true. If so, and the integrity of the Pats' previous successes are compromised, then both the Pats and the NFL has a serious problem.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Of course he should get in. He's one of the best defensive minds in the game and a 3-time Superbowl winning coach. To not include him would be to devalue the Hall. No reason why they can't include a blurb somewhere in the Hall about Tapegate, too.

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I mean what he did was stupid and dumb but still doesn't take way his coaching abilities, HOF for sure he got to be.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

As things stand now, he's a sure-fire HOF. No one expects coaches or players in the HOF to be saints, so I don't see how this hurts him. Now, if something comes out like, "Thanks to the tape they new EXACTLY what plays the other teams were calling on the SB game-winning drives" then, OK, it might. Until then, though, nope.

10. Do you think bostonbred will ever realize Super Bowl is two words?

11. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I don't think we've heard the last of this story. The New England media is going to dig into this, and I wouldn't be surprised if we find that this isn't the only dirty trick in Belichick's bag. Right now, his HOF candidacy is fine, but that could change.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I voted yes, but that has more to do with my overriding dislike of Bill Bellicose than anything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted