1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being the best SE I can be.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Damaramu, Nov 27, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

As am I. Always open for more work!

2. Damaramu

Damaramu Member

I've got one more question in relation to this.

Will I always field complaints from parents and readers no matter how great of a job I do? I think I know the answer to this but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

Not saying I do a great job or anything(i am new and learning as i go) but, I covered the town's first high school basketball game. At the end of the story I included a box that had everyone's points-rebounds-assists-steals. In that order(and it was denoted easily so everyone knew what they were reading).

Well I get this feedback "Wow. I didn't think it could be done. But you did it. A basketball story without scoring and rebounding leaders included. Were you even at the game?"

Everyone's points and rebounds were right there! Was he too dense to look for the highest number? Or is it just one of those people that complain to complain?

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Yes. Definitely. Without a doubt.
    There is absolutely no way to avoid complaints. If they're not calling you, they're coming into the office. If they're not doing that, they're stopping you out in public. One of our reporters was at the doctor's office last week, and one of the receptionists came into the waiting room to complain to her about our soccer coverage. That one made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Draft saved Draft deleted