1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being Kristol Means Never Having To Say You're Sorry

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 29, 2007.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

bill kristol went far, far, FAR beyond that. you have to admit that. no democrat, regardless of appeasement or acceptance, actually gave the ORDER to send troops into iraq.

me in 2003: i don't think that iraq has WMDs.
    necons: OMG YOUR SO STOOPID!!! LOL FUGGIN HIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!1
    bill kristol: yeah, stupid hippie! LOLZ! iraq has SO much WMDs it's not even funnay!

me in 2007: completely correct about iraq. no job as a columnist with the NYT
    necons: wrong then. have yet to even admit as such.
    bill kristol: job as a columnist with the NYT

2. Kristol argued, during the 2006 mid-terms, that the Republicans should campaign on their willingness to use "humiliating and degrading" interrogation techniques on Muslim detainees. (ttp://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/012/711lzwcj.asp).
    I asked him if this was not awful and embarrassing. He said, smiling, something like, "But it'll work!"

He's bad! He's bad. And partisan rather than principled...and, on many things, not actually conservative. Good pick for a token conservative columnist, eh - an always-wrong super-partisan unprincipled non-conservative? I lean conservative on many things, and I'm a daily National Review Online reader, and I enjoy many many conservative writers. But...he's just so bad. Man.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

"But the war itself will clarify who was right and who was wrong about weapons of mass destruction. It will reveal the aspirations of the people of Iraq, and expose the truth about Saddam's regime. It will produce whatever effects it will produce on neighboring countries and on the broader war on terror."

Well, this was correct.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Swell.

Great.

At what price?

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

i think he was being ironic.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No doubt. But there are times that piling on is such unmitigated joy.

Draft saved Draft deleted